Competitive Excellence/Mental Skills Training
Involves collaboration with the athlete to define an empowering course of action and commitment to obtain short and long term performance goals. This includes:
- Evaluation of training wheel of balance includes assessment of athletes mental, technical, strategic, physical and nutritional strengths and weaknesses.
- Identification of the degree of impact unbalanced areas have on athletic goals.
- Preparing for success by using mental focus techniques these include:
- Positive self-talk
- Managing emotional energy
- Relaxation skills
- Managing distractions
- Calming mental gremlins
- Maximization of mental, physical fitness and vitality by designing practice and competition preparation routines.
- Create quick and easy performance rehearsal visualization practices.
- Help athlete identify and remain aligned with their motivational keys.
- Set realistic time-frames to meet goal setting objectives and establish proactive change.
- Support athletes positive focus for continued commitment and goal achievement by utilizing assessment checks and providing feedback by tracking progress.